Halloween Special -
Taste Exceptional Artisan Chocolate
Saturday, October 31, 2019 - 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m
No Tricks, Just Treats this Halloween on this Exceptional Artisan Chocolate Tasting Tour! Do you love tasting good chocolate? How about discovering some of the world's best chocolate right in your backyard? Brussels, otherwise known as the capital of chocolate! Come taste and discover exceptional, refined artisan chocolate!
On the Cocoa Journey High-end Chocolate Degustation Tour, you'll visit only the best artisan chocolate shops, and taste exquisite mouth-watering chocolate, all the while being guided by a passionate chocolate expert. You'll learn plenty about chocolate (and ask any questions you want!) while tasting exceptional chocolate and seeing famous sights in Brussels.
The High-end Chocolate Degustation Tour includes
- a 1.5 hour walking tour from the Grand Place to the Galeries Royales St Hubert and Sablon including:
- Tour of the best artisanal chocolatiers & degustation: how to taste chocolate & understand what makes a truly gourmet chocolate (& chocolatier), as opposed to those that are famous (but mass-produced);
- Explanation of chocolate - science, history, & also market insights if you'd like...:)
5-star reviews on Airbnb & TripAdvisor, including:
- With all of the chocolate shops in Brussels, Cathy helped us sort through the generic mass-produced to find the hidden gems only found here in Brussels. Cathy has a wealth of knowledge, experience, and passion for chocolate. Combine that with her easy-going and approachable nature and you have one phenomenal experience. -- Kelly David, UT, USA
- A unique and delicious experience. I've lived in Brussels for 7 years and eaten tons of chocolate, but this was a voyage of discovery. Cathy's knowledge and passion opened up a new way of experiencing chocolate, and the city. -- Charles, Belgium
- Cathy was a WONDERFUL and knowledgeable tour guide with passion and energy for chocolate. She took us on a walking and tasting tour of Brussels’ best artisan chocolate shops. She gave us the stories of how the local chocolatiers got into the business and what inspires their many flavors. She also wove in local Brussels sight seeing information as we passed by the sights of this history rich town. It really was a wonderful tour and I can’t recommend it enough!!!! -- Kelly, CA, USA
Please note that this tour is limited to 10 people, so do sign-up quickly!
Children above 12 are welcome.
All shops visited take the COVID-19 safety measures -- disinfectant readily available, and of course the 1.5m distance apart, as well as mask requirements for everyone. This will apply on the tour as well -- everyone will be required to wear masks, and once the piece of chocolate is in your mouth, you'll be kindly asked to put your mask back on :)
Date: Saturday, October 31, 2020
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m (please arrive at least 5min before the tour start time, by 11:25 a.m.)
Place: location in the area of the Grand Place, to be provided when you register.
Public transport: Metro lines 1 & 5: Central Station; lines 3 & 4: Bourse; Buses 48 & 95: Grand Place; Buses 38, 63, 65, 71 & 86: Central Station; Bus 27: Grand Sablon
Price: €49 for members, €54 for non-members
Payment in advance before 25 October
Cancellations are possible until noon on 25 October. Participants cancelling after this time, as well as no-shows, are charged the full cost of the event.