All Eyes on #ACBPartner: Serendip Spa & Yoga
Serendip Spa & Yoga, an award-winning 5-star luxury wellness escape in the centre of Brussels, has been a member of ACB for the past seven years and a long-standing SME in Brussels for more than fifteen years. Housed in two historical buildings in the Avenue Louise district, they offer massage, yoga classes, wellbeing workshops, yoga and spa products – and a warm cup of tea for whenever you visit.
ACB asked Serendip – what can we all do right now to bring some wellness into our lives? Here are five ideas from their team on how to bring some much needed self-care into your home & (home)-office.
- Carve out time for yourself in your day. Put it on your schedule, if you need to. We often de-prioritize our own needs for the sake of others or, often, work. Take a walk in nature. Snuggle into that bubble bath. Find quiet space to just sit comfortably. We all need this right now.
- Take care about the stresses that you are putting on your body. We don’t realize it sometimes – but stress accumulates, and often, in our muscles. One common place? Our forehead. Lightly massage your temples with slow, circular movements to alleviate headaches.
- Move. It is quite easy to stay rooted to our (office) chair. Try to incorporate slow stretches in your chair three times a day. Gently move your neck from side to side. Stretch your arms above you and reach for the ceiling. Gently twist to the right and left and glance behind you.
- Create a warm, enticing space to be. We are spending much, much time at home – and in makeshift home-office environments. Design your space with wellness in mind. Organize objects and remove clutter. Make sure you are sitting properly. Place your favourite scented candle near you.
- Connect to others. Connection is different right now – and yes, it’s more digital than we’d like it to be. However, it’s still needed. Create fun moments to connect to old friends. Cook together with family. Take part in communities around you – such as ACB. And yes, you can do all this virtually as well.
The Serendip team offers virtual wellbeing sessions to their customers and company teams. Start the day, the project, the team, the year with a wellbeing approach of guided breathing, stretching and creative exercises with the Serendip team of massage experts, yoga teachers and wellness coaches. You can contact the team for more information at email@example.com.